Get The Help That You Need for Your Condition
Pain is a common occurrence that no matter how it happened, the results are the same: lower quality of life. Some people accept the fact that having pain is something they have to live with for the rest of their lives. Here at Lowery Chiropractic in Tallahassee, we are here to tell you that you don’t have to take it lying down. We have treatments within the chiropractic field that can give you the relief that you deserve. And with these methods, we can treat the following conditions:
- Whiplash: This injury is the result of the neck being thrust back and forth suddenly. Contact sports can cause whiplash, but it is most common during an auto accident. Chiropractic care for whiplash can consist of one or more treatments, including spinal manipulation, flexion-distraction, and exercise.
- Back Pain: A number of things can trigger back pain, such as auto accidents, falls, bad posture, sports injuries, age-related conditions, compressed nerves, and slipped discs, just to name a few. Treatments like spinal manipulation, massage therapy, and strengthening exercises can alleviate the pain.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: This condition happens when the median nerve, which is a major nerve in the hands, becomes compressed. Symptoms of pain, weakness, tingling, and numbness can occur. Chiropractic treatments that help with carpal tunnel syndrome are joint manipulation, strengthening exercise, and heat and cold therapy.
- Colic Baby: Some infants develop colic around 3 weeks of age. It is severe abdominal pain caused by intestinal gas, and usually occurs around the same time every day and last 3 or so hours. The baby will cry inconsolably and stiffen its body. A chiropractor can provide a gentle spinal adjustment to help relieve the colic.
- Headaches & Migraines: There are several types of headaches. The most common type of headache you would seek chiropractic care for is a tension headache. Most people who suffer from migraines have a few telltale signs before the migraine starts. In either case, your chiropractor can help with the pain.
- Neck Pain: Neck pain is a common complaint for many people. There are several things that causes it, such as a pulled muscle, poor posture, and a misalignment. Generally, an adjustment can start the process of healing, and then other treatments such as massage and exercise therapy can help get rid of the neck pain.
- Sciatica: Sciatica is brought about by a compression of the sciatic nerve. Sciatica is categorized by pain, starting in the low back or the buttocks, with the symptoms being experienced in one or both legs. Before chiropractic care can be provided, a comprehensive exam must be done to make sure it is sciatica that is causing your pain since sciatica symptoms can mimic other conditions. An effective treatment for it is joint manipulation.
- TMJ: Also known as temporomandibular joint disorders, it affects the skull and jaw. There are numerous causes for TMJ, and sometimes a cause is never found. However, chiropractic care can ease the problem.
Make an Appointment Today
If you are suffering from a condition, let our chiropractor at Lowery Chiropractic in Tallahassee help. Give us a call at 850-877-9150 to make an appointment.