Chiropractic Care for Whiplash
Whiplash is an injury that occurs when your head is forced back and forth rapidly, similar to the way a whip cracks. This is a painful injury. Fortunately, the professionals at Lowery Chiropractic in Tallahassee, FL can treat this condition and the symptoms associated with it.
Common Causes of Whiplash
There are a few common causes of whiplash.
- Car accident: Whiplash is a common auto injury during a rear-end car accident.
- Physical assault: This condition can occur during a physical assault and violent shaking.
- Contact sports: This injury can occur while participating in contact sports such as football, hockey, and boxing.
Symptoms of Whiplash
Whiplash causes a variety of symptoms. Some people experience several, while others just experience a few. In some cases, the symptoms occur immediately after the accident. In others, it can take days and even weeks for the symptoms to appear.
The symptoms include:
- Neck pain
- Neck stiffness
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Pain in the shoulder, upper back, or arms
- Numbness or tingling in the arms
- Headaches that begin at the base of the skull
- Blurry vision
- Trouble sleeping
- Trouble concentrating
- Memory issues
- Trouble sleeping
Whiplash can be diagnosed during a physical exam. Our chiropractor will look for any underlying conditions and find the source of your pain. During the physical exam, our chiropractor may check the following:
- The degree of motion that causes you the most pain
- The range of motion in your neck and shoulders
- Tenderness in your neck, back, and shoulders
- Your reflexes
- The feeling and strength in your limbs
Our chiropractor will look for any misalignments in the neck and back. Whiplash may cause a misaligned spine or irritate your discs.
After a diagnosis, our chiropractor will create a personalized treatment plan for you and your condition. Our chiropractor often uses spinal adjustments to treat whiplash after a car accident. By realigning the neck and spine, we can alleviate tension and pressure. This method also allows vertebrae and discs to move back into place. In addition, our chiropractor will provide you with corrective exercises. Stretching and strengthening exercises will help improve the range of motion in your neck and speed up your recovery process.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Whiplash Treatment
If you have been in an accident, it is important to seek treatment as soon as possible. Your symptoms may not appear right away, and delaying treatment can cause your condition to worsen. At Lowery Chiropractic in Tallahassee, FL, our chiropractor will provide treatment for your pain and help your neck heal after an auto accident. Our methods are natural, safe, and effective. Call us today to schedule an appointment.